Vertragspartner - Pakt für bürgerliche und politische Rechte

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Di Mai 06, 2014 10:14 am

MENSCHENRECHTE UND HUMANITÄRES VÖLKERRECHT

„Niemand darf der Folter oder unmenschlicher oder erniedrigender Strafe oder Behandlung unterworfen werden.“

Nicht nur der Staat, die BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND [ oder auch die 2. REPUBLIK ÖSTERREICH ], muß sich an den "Internationalen Pakt für bürgerliche und politische Rechte" halten, aber auch der Staat, AUSTRALIEN (und auch der australische Bundesstaat VICTORIA), ist ohne Ausnahme jedem seiner Bürger gegenüber dazu verpflichtet.

The UN Human Rights Council / The UN Human Rights Committee

United Nations Human Rights Committee (UNHRC)
UN Menschenrechtsausschuss Ausschuss für Menschenrechte der Vereinten Nationen

UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (CCPR) =
Internationale Pakt für bürgerliche und politische Rechte

Der UN Menschenrechtsausschuss ist ein bedeutendes Organ, das für die Beachtung und Durchsetzung von Menschenrechten auf internationaler Ebene von entscheidender Bedeutung ist.

[ … the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948), the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (1966), the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (1966), … ]

ABC @ http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s3998348.htm

Justice for woman bashed by police 20 years ago.

Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Broadcast: 05/05/2014
Reporter: Louise Milligan

A Melbourne woman bashed by police in her own home has had the United Nations Human Rights Committee hand down a landmark ruling in her 20-year fight for justice.

Transcript

SARAH FERGUSON, PRESENTER: A United Nations human rights committee has castigated the Victorian Government and police over the case of a woman who was bashed senseless by police officers. A group of police broke into Corinna Horvath's home without a warrant and beat her unconscious. When she sued for damages, the state denied liability, saying it was not responsible for police who acted outside the line of duty. Now, more than 20 years later, the UN committee has found in a landmark ruling that the State of Victoria breached the UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and must pay compensation. Louise Milligan has this report.

LOUISE MILLIGAN, REPORTER: It's 18 years since the event that changed Corinna Horvath's life.

CORINNA HORVATH: For the first few years, I was very withdrawn. I was very nervy. It was hard. And I was scared all the time.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: This picture shows why she was so frightened, her nose smashed by a blow from a baton, her mouth gushing with clotted blood.

CORINNA HORVATH: My face was beaten to a pulp, my nose was broken, suspected broken jaw.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: The injuries to the 21-year-old were not meted out by street thugs. The blows were delivered by Victoria Police officers.

TAMAR HOPKINS, FLEMINGTON/KENSINGTON COMMUNITY LEGAL CENTRE: It's absolutely disgraceful what happened to Corinna. She was beaten senseless by officers who had no reason to do what they were doing.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Corinna Horvath's life has changed completely since then and she now devotes her time to rescuing horses.

CORINNA HORVATH: I'm a mum of three now. I've grown up. I do a lot on my own property. And, yeah, I'm a changed person from back then.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Back then, Horvath was, by her own admission, something of a wild child. She and her boyfriend Craig Love lived in Summerville on Melbourne's southern fringe, partied hard and didn't like cops.

CORINNA HORVATH: Me and Craig were raided every now and then. We smoked a little bit of dope back then and so they would come in and they would get us for the little bit of dope that we had. So, they were doing that on a regular basis.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: On March 8, 1996, Horvath and Love were pulled over at a service station at nearby Hastings by a police officer she'd had several run-ins with before. The constable slapped an "unroadworthy" sticker on her car. As the police officer spoke to her, an angry Corinna Horvath turned up the car radio in defiance.

After the officer left, she drove home.

The next evening, Constable David Jenkin and his partner, Stephen Davison, turned up at Corinna Horvath's home, wanting to see her car. She declined and they began to struggle.

CORINNA HORVATH: Well I grabbed him to stop - I just put my hands up to stop him from going around the back. ... He left hand marks, finger marks around my neck, and by memory, I'd ripped his shirt.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Later that night, eight officers turned up at Corinna Horvath's home.

CORINNA HORVATH: And all I remember hearing was, "We want Corinna". It was just bang, bang, bang. And I just thought, "S**t". I packed myself.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Despite not having a warrant, Constable Jenkin and the other officers broke down the door and charged through the house.

CORINNA HORVATH: He made a V-Line straight for me, apparently. Didn't worry about anyone else. He knew exactly who he wanted; he wanted me.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Corinna Horvath doesn't remember what happened next, but several witnesses described it in court.

CORINNA HORVATH: Jenkin had handcuffed me and he had punched me in the face probably close to a dozen times while I was handcuffed and he was on my back. And Sergeant Christensen had walked past and smacked me in the nose with a baton and that's where my nose split. ... So, yeah, between the pair of them, they'd got into me good and proper.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Corinna Horvath was arrested for resisting police and then taken by ambulance to hospital.

11 charges laid against her laid by the police that night were all thrown out. The court learned of the officers fabricated evidence.

TAMAR HOPKINS: The police had lied on matters of major significance and also had in fact lied to the Ethical Standards Department as part of the original disciplinary process that they went through.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Corinna Horvath sued. She and others injured that night won, with the court awarding more than $300,000 in damages. The judge was scathing about police.

CORINNA HORVATH: (Reading from judge's judgement) "And I find that Jenkin in his conduct showed the most high-handed approach accompanied by excessive and unnecessary violence, wrought out of motives of ill will and a desire to get even."

LOUISE MILLIGAN: But that was not the end of the matter. The police wouldn't pay.

DYSON HORE-LACY, BARRISTER: These police officers, I've got to say, one went bankrupt - the main offender [Jenkin] went bankrupt and the other three officers all cried poor; they had no money.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Despite the brutality of the police officers' actions, the State of Victoria appealed on the basis it wasn't liable to pay compensation because the police acted outside the realm of their duties and the state won, so Corinna Horvath did not receive her damages.

CORINNA HORVATH: Where's the assault charges? If it's that bad and they acted out of the scope of their duty, where is the assault charges that Jenkin, Davison, Christensen should be suffering?

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Corinna Horvath's solicitor, Tamar Hopkins, says her case is not unique.

TAMAR HOPKINS: Unfortunately, time and time again, stories of heavy-handed, violent treatment meted out against people who've been arrested by police are told to community legal centres, lawyers, barristers across this state.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: In 2008, Corinna Horvath's lawyers took her case to the United Nations Human Rights Committee. Six years later, the committee has decided: Australia has violated the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the state must pay compensation to Corinna Horvath, must review its legislation, must tell the UN how it's going to remedy this situation and must widely disseminate this decision. "A State cannot elude its responsibility for violations of the Covenant committed by its own agents."

DYSON HORE-LACY: It's a vindication of the stance that we took that Victoria was a signatory to the covenant. It agreed to abide by its terms and it wasn't just something that applied to African countries or other countries and not us; it applied to us as well. And we could do to look in our own backyard.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: In December [2014], the law will change to mean that if a claimant against a police officer who acts wrongfully on the job is unlikely to ever get their money and has exhausted all avenues, then the state must pay. Lawyers say this will still be an expensive and lengthy process.

None of the officers who beat Corinna Horvath lost their jobs. In fact, they were all promoted and two are still working for Victoria Police.

TAMAR HOPKINS: It's an extraordinary contradiction that the state would say that the officers were behaving with such wilful disregard and disrespect for a person and yet continue to employ them.

LOUISE MILLIGAN: The UN decision also requires that Victoria Police reopen its disciplinary proceedings against the officers. The State of Victoria has 180 days to respond.

DYSON HORE-LACY: We expect the Japanese to comply with a decision of the International Court of Justice on whaling. Be very hypocritical for the state to say, "Oh, no, we're not going to abide by this decision because we don't like it."

LOUISE MILLIGAN: Corinna Horvath is glad to finally have vindication.

CORINNA HORVATH: It's bigger than me now. It's not about me. It's about everybody else who ends up in my position. If their [the state’s] police officers act as bad as what they do, they need to be responsible for them.

SARAH FERGUSON: Louise Milligan reporting. Victoria Police declined to comment on Corinna Horvath's case and Victorian Government said in a statement that it's currently reviewing the UN committee's finding.

Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Sa Mai 10, 2014 7:46 am, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Freiheit ist keine Selbstverständlichkeit; Freiheit bedarf ständiger Wachsamkeit.“ MM
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Mi Mai 07, 2014 4:16 am

„Niemand darf der Folter oder unmenschlicher oder erniedrigender Strafe oder Behandlung unterworfen werden.“

Bezüglich dem United Nations Human Rights Committee (UNHRC)UN MenschenrechtsausschussAusschuss für Menschenrechte der Vereinten NationenMenschenrechtsausschuss der Vereinten Nationen – in dem Fall von schwerer Körperverletzung, die eine australische Bürgerin unter den Händen und Knüppeln der Polizei erlitt – bitte auch unbedingt die folgenden beiden Medienberichte lesen und studieren:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/un-to-hear-of-victorian-womans-brutal-bashing-20080830-4659.html ( 31.08.2008 ) ( leider nur in Englisch )

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/un-says-victoria-should-compensate-victim-of-police-beating-20140505-zr52a.html ( 05.05.2014 ) ( leider nur in Englisch )

Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Do Mai 08, 2014 7:28 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Freiheit ist keine Selbstverständlichkeit; Freiheit bedarf ständiger Wachsamkeit.“ MM
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Mi Mai 07, 2014 5:18 am

Bezüglich dem United Nations Human Rights Committee (UNHRC)UN MenschenrechtsausschussAusschuss für Menschenrechte der Vereinten NationenMenschenrechtsausschuss der Vereinten Nationen – in dem Fall von schwerer Körperverletzung, die eine australische Bürgerin unter den Händen und Knüppeln der Polizei erlitt – bitte auch unbedingt ( A. ) die folgende Stellungname der mandatierten Anwaltskanzlei in dieser Sache und ( B. ) die ausschlaggebende Entscheidung des UNHRC selbst lesen und studieren:

(
A. ) Flemington & Kensington Community Legal Centre [ Melbourne, Victoria, Australia ]
http://www.communitylaw.org.au/flemingtonkensington/cb_pages/uncommunication.php ( RA-Kanzlei Stellungnahme: April/Mai 2014 ) ( leider nur in Englisch )

(
B. ) United Nations - CCPR/C/110/D1885/2009 - International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights - Communication 1885/2009 - Human Rights Committee - 22. April 2014
Decision @
http://www.communitylaw.org.au/flemingtonkensington/cb_pages/files/UN%20decision%202014.pdf ( 22.04.2014 ) ( insgesamt 22 Seiten; Sicht der Dinge und Beschluss des Komittees auf Seite 16-18 unter der Überschrift "Consideration of the merits" ) ( leider nur in Englisch )

Und siehe natürlich auch unbedingt »
United Nations Human Rights - Office of the Commissioner for Human Rights« @ http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CCPR/Pages/CCPRIndex.aspx ( leider nur in Englisch )

Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Do Mai 08, 2014 7:29 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Mi Mai 07, 2014 11:46 pm

United Nations Human Rights Committee (UNHRC)UN MenschenrechtsausschussAusschuss für Menschenrechte der Vereinten Nationen Menschenrechtsausschuss der Vereinten Nationen @ http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN-Menschenrechtsausschuss ( nicht viel aber alles in Deutsch ).

HOW TO FILE COMPLAINTS ON HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS [ with the United Nations Human Rights Committee ] @
http://www.unesco.de/fileadmin/medien/Dokumente/Wissenschaft/How_to_file_complaints_2010.pdf "German Commission for UNESCO and the United Nations Association of Germany" ( alles in Englisch )

[ Individuelle-Beschwerde-Prozedur ] INDIVIDUAL COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE @
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Human_Rights_Committee ( complaints and supporting documents must be in English, French, Spanish or Russian ) ( alles in Englisch )

Current German member of the United Nations Human Rights Committee (2012-2016): Anja Seibert-Fohr
Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law @
http://www.mpil.de/en/pub/organization/scientific_staff/aseibert.cfm

http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/440075.html

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/CCPR/Membership/Anja.pdf

http://www.internationallawobserver.eu/2009/09/08/anja-seibert-fohr-prosecuting-serious-human-rights-violations-new-york-oxford-university-press-2009/

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/staat-und-recht/rechtspersonen/anja-seibert-fohr-fuer-die-menschenrechte-11929382.html (19.10.2012)

Example of an Australian case brought before the UNHRC @
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s3998348.htm ( Media report from 05.05.2014 )

●●● http://www.ehemalige-heimkinder-tatsachen.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=580&sid=150681e52aebf62adff196b1e5a6facf#p580

Und siehe auch das irische Beispiel der Magdalenen Heimwäschereien der Unbarmherzigen Schwestern, wo sich die irischen Opfer ebenso an das UNHRC gewandt hatten und DORT letztendlich Recht bekamen @ http://www.ehemalige-heimkinder-tatsachen.com/viewtopic.php?p=552#p552 ( alles in Deutsch )

Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Do Mai 08, 2014 7:30 am, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Do Mai 08, 2014 12:16 am

Gestern habe ich diese Anfrage aufgesetzt und per Email nach Genf in der Schweiz abgeschickt.
Yesterday, 07.05.2014, I made formal written inquiry at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva, Switzerland, in the following terms.

Postal address:
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland

Email: InfoDesk@ohchr.org
Website: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CCPR/Pages/CCPRIndex.aspx

7 May 2014

Dear Sir/Madam
Dear folks

General inquiry.

Would you please be so kind and advise me where online (
direct links please) I may find recorded in an unabridged text document the "Consideration of the merits" by the UNITED NATIONS Human Rights Committee in the matter of the "Communication" of the Former Irish Magdalene Laundries Inmates v. The Irish State, apparently decided by the UNHRC at some stage in the year 2010/2011.

Any and all information that would help me to ascertain all details of this Irish case before the UNHRC would indeed be much appreciated.

I myself (now in my late 60ies) am a like victim and many of my friends and acquaintances (all now in their late 40ies, 50ies, 60ies and 70ies) are, victims of similar state-sanctioned religious youth slave labour institutions existing en mass in the late 40ies, the 50ies, the 60ies and the 70ies in the Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesrepublik Deutschland / Westdeutschland), and we all are today left without any effective remedy and without appropriate compensation under existing German law for our pain, loss and historic as well as ongoing suffering in our old age; and nobody of all the parties involved and responsible for this state-sanctioned systemic abuse we have suffered has ever been taken or is being taken to task for all this.

Thank you for all the help you may be able to offer in the form of all relevant information relating to this subject.

With kind regards

Martin Mitchell
(
Adelaide, Australia )

Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Di Mai 13, 2014 5:39 am, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Do Mai 08, 2014 2:28 am

Daraufhin erhielt ich heute – 07.05.2014 – folgende Antwort.
On account of my inquiry I received the following reply – on 07.5.2014 – from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Geneva, Switzerland.

Petitions and Inquiries Section (Section des requêtes et des enquêtes)
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Genève 10
Switzerland
Fax: +41 22 9179022

7 May 2014

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please note that no "individual communication" against the Republic of Ireland concerning the issue you mentioned has been registered and/or adopted by the Human Rights Committee or any other Treaty Body examining "individual communication". All the decisions are otherwise made public and can be found on the pertaining Committee website [ HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE Jurisprudence @ http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CCPR/Pages/Jurisprudence.aspx ].

We assume that there might be a confusion with regard to the case you are referring to and you may wish to check the case-law of the European Court of Human Rights, also available on the Court's website.

Best regards,

The Petitions Unit
[ Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Geneva, Switzerland. ]

Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Di Mai 13, 2014 5:42 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Fr Mai 09, 2014 7:52 am

Für eine Aufzeichnung von Menschenrechtsorganisationen in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland siehe WIKIPEDIA @ http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Menschenrechtsorganisationen

z. B.: »Deutsche Gesellschaft für die Vereinten Nationen e.V.« - »DGVN«
DGVN website:
http://www.dgvn.de/ueber-uns/organisation/
e-mail: info@dgvn.de

z. B.: »Deutsches Institut für Menschenrechte e.V.« - »DIMR«
DIMR websites:
http://www.institut-fuer-menschenrechte.de/das-institut.html und http://www.institut-fuer-menschenrechte.de/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF-Dateien/Info-Flyer/Flyer_Institut_2013.pdf
e-mail: info@institut-fuer-menschenrechte.de

Textauszüge aus DIMR website / Text Extracts from DIMR website:

»
Menschenrechte schützen und fördern
Das Deutsche Institut für Menschenrechte ist die unabhängige Nationale Menschenrechtsinstitution Deutschlands. Es trägt zum Schutz und zur Förderung der Menschenrechte bei.
Das Institut setzt sich dafür ein, dass Menschenrechte bei innen- und außenpolitischen Entscheidungen berücksichtigt und internationale Menschenrechtsabkommen in Deutschland umgesetzt werden.«

»
Unabhängig und gemeinnützig
Das Institut ist als gemeinnütziger Verein organisiert. Es ist politisch unabhängig und bestimmt selbst über die Ausrichtung seiner Arbeit. Die Richtlinien für die inhaltliche Arbeit legt ein 18-köpfiges Kuratorium fest. Es besteht aus Vertreterinnen und Vertretern aus Politik, Wissenschaft, Zivilgesellschaft und Medien.«

»
Wie finanziert sich das Institut?
Das Institut wird vom Bundesministerium der Justiz, vom Auswärtigen Amt, vom Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung und vom Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales sowie aus Drittmitteln finanziert.«

Und siehe auch folgende Aussage auf einer relevanten schweizer website @
http://www.humanrights.ch/de/Links/Institute/idart_1094-content.html?search=1 :

»
Deutsches Institut für Menschenrechte
Das Institut wurde 2001 auf Empfehlung des Deutschen Bundestages gegründet. Es soll über die Lage der Menschenrechte im In- und Ausland informieren und zur Prävention von Menschenrechtsverletzungen sowie zur Förderung und zum Schutz der Menschenrechte beitragen.«

Statutory Body: »Australian Human Rights Commission« - »AHRC«
(
innerstaatliche statutarisch eingerichtete Menschenrechtsorganisation völlig unabhängig von der Regierung totally independent of government )
WIKIPEDIA @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Human_Rights_Commission
AHRC website: https://www.humanrights.gov.au/
e-mail: Complaints - infoservice@humanrights.gov.au
e-mail: Communicationts - communications@humanrights.gov.au

Statutory Body: »Human Rights Commission (New Zealand)« - »NHRI«
( »national human rights institution« )
(
innerstaatliche statutarisch eingerichtete Menschenrechtsorganisation völlig unabhängig von der Regierung totally independent of government )

WIKIPEDIA @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Rights_Commission_(New_Zealand)
NHRI website: http://www.hrc.co.nz/
e-mail: infoline@hrc.co.nz

Stautory Body: »Irish Human Rights Commission« - »IHRC«
(

WIKIPEDIA @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Human_Rights_Commission

WIKIPEDIA Textauszug / Text Extract:
»The functions of the IHRC include advising on the compatibility of legislation with the rights protected by the
Constitution of Ireland and by international treaties to which the state is party. It also engages in human rights education and conducts inquiries into alleged violations of human rights [ in Ireland ]«

IHRC website:
http://www.ihrc.ie/
e-mail: info@ihrc.ie

As is only now being ascertained / unfortunately only now being discovered … As far as Ireland is concerned, the former inmates of the Magdalene Laundries / Magdalene InstitutionsJustice for Magdalenes« - »JFM«) turned to and lodged their complaint (June 2010) with their own national statutory »Irish Human Rights Commission« - »IHRC«, who, after proper investigation of the issues (2010-2013), found in the decision(s) it consequently handed down (November 2010; 5 February 2013; 18 June 2013) that Ireland (ie. the Irish State) – according to the relevant international human rights legislation and agreements – in this regard had participated in FORCED LABOUR and was guilty of serious human rights violations and that therefore the former inmates were entitled to proper compensation from the state. ----- See index of all relevant documents @ http://www.ihrc.ie/search/?cx=000534482150270691479%3Ablto3paiva4&cof=FORID%3A11&q=Magdalene&sa.x=32&sa.y=6 amongst these also especially the 35-page assessment report @ http://www.ihrc.ie/download/pdf/ihrc_assessment_of_the_human_rights_issues_arising_in_relation_to_the_magdalen_laundries_nov_2010.pdf

Wie sich letztendlich herausstellt / leider jetzt erst von mir entdeckt wurde … Was Irland betrifft, hatten sich die damaligen Insassen der Magdalenen Wäschereien / Magdalenen HeimeJustice for Magdalenes« - »JFM«) mit ihrer Beschwerde (Juni 2010) an ihre eigene nationale statutarische Menschenrechtsorganisation »Irish Human Rights Commission« - »IHRC« gewandt, die dann (2010-2013) nachdem sie diese Angelegenheiten gründlich untersucht hatte , (November 2010; 5 February 2013; 18 June 2013) zu dem Schluss und Beschluss / Beschlüssen kam, dass Irland (d.h. der Irische Staat) sich an ZWANGSARBEIT beteiligt hatte und sich somit – gemäß relevantem Völkerrecht – schwerwiegenden Menschenrechtsverstößen schuldig gemacht hatte und dass demzufolge den damaligen Insassen von staatlicher Seite angemessene Entschädigung zustünde. ----- Siehe Index aller relevanten diesbezüglichen Dokumente @ http://www.ihrc.ie/search/?cx=000534482150270691479%3Ablto3paiva4&cof=FORID%3A11&q=Magdalene&sa.x=32&sa.y=6 und unter diesen auch insbesondere den 35-seitigen assessment report @ http://www.ihrc.ie/download/pdf/ihrc_assessment_of_the_human_rights_issues_arising_in_relation_to_the_magdalen_laundries_nov_2010.pdf

Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » Sa Mai 10, 2014 2:33 pm

"No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."

Re »Justice for Magdalenes« - »JFM«
»IHRC & Law Society of Ireland - 9thAnnual Human Rights Conference - Dr Katherine O’Donnell - UCD Women’s Studies Centre - October 2011« @
http://www.ihrc.ie/download/pdf/dr_katherine_odonnell_justice_for_the_magdalenes.pdf [ FINDINGS AND PUBLICATION OF THE IRISCH HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION – a total of 29 pages – in large print ]

Therein contained at page 20 and at page 21 is also the following passage:

»Rights Claims: UNCAT
[
ie. presented to the UN COMMITTEE AGAINST TORTURE ]

● the State’s ongoing failure to deal with the Magdalene Laundries abuse amounts to continuing degrading treatment in violation of Article 16 (given the continued absence of pensions, access to specialised health services, education or compensation for the women; the lack of access to records; and the ongoing stigma and sense of shame associated with the women’s incarceration);
● since Ireland ratified the Convention on 11 April 2002, it has failed in its duty under Articles 12 and 13 to promptly and impartially investigate what there are reasonable grounds to believe constituted a more than 70-year system of torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of women and girls in Ireland’s Magdalene Laundries;
the State has failed in its obligation under Article 14 to ensure the women’s right to redress and compensation;
● the State was directly involved in the torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of women and girls in the Magdalene Laundries; and
● the State acquiesced in the torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of women and girls because of the State’s wilful failure to regulate or inspect the laundries despite its involvement in and knowledge of the laundries’ incarcerative and commercial functions.«

Therein contained at page 22 is also the following passage:

»Rights Claims: Other HR Violations
[
ie. other Human Rights Violations perpetrated by the Irish State ]

● JFM submits that the State’s complicity in the incarceration of women and girls in the laundries, its involvement in the laundries’ commercial operations, and its knowing failure to regulate and inspect the laundries, violated the State’s obligations under the following international Conventions:
● the 1926 Slavery Convention;
● the 1957 United Nations Supplementary Convention on the Abolition of Slavery, the Slave Trade, and Institutions and Practices Similar to Slavery;
● the 1930 International Labour Organisation Forced Labour Convention; and
● the 1957 Abolition of Forced Labour Convention«

Therein contained at page 23 is also the following passage:

»[ Irish ] State’s position at UNCAT
[
ie. the Irish State’s Response at the UN COMMITTEE AGAINST TORTURE ]

● abuse happened a long time ago in private institutions
● the State has no complaints of criminal offences from laundry survivors
● the majority of women entered voluntarily, and if they were minors, with the consent of parents or guardians
● only one institution in Dublin was used as a remand centre«

Therein contained at page 24 is also the following passage:

»UNCAT’s Response
[
ie. Response of the UN COMMITTEE AGAINST TORTURE ]

[Magdalene Laundries]

[21.] “The Committee is gravely concerned at the failure by the State party to protect girls and women who were involuntarily confined between 1922 and 1996 in the Magdalene Laundries, by failing to regulate their operations and inspect them, where it is alleged that physical, emotional abuses and other ill-treatment were committed amounting to breaches of the Convention. [] The Committee also expresses grave concern at the failure by the State party to institute prompt, independent and thorough investigation into the allegations of ill-treatment perpetrated on girls and women in the Magdalene Laundries.”UNCAT “Concluding Observations,” 3 June 2011.« [ referred to as "the 2011 report" ]

Therein contained at page 25 is also the following passage:

»UNCAT Recommendation
[
ie. Recommendations of the UN COMMITTEE AGAINST TORTURE ]

“The Committee recommends that the State party should institute prompt, independent, and thorough investigations into all allegations of torture, and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment that were allegedly committed in the Magdalene Laundries, and, in appropriate cases, prosecute and punish the perpetrators with penalties commensurate with the gravity of the offences committed, and ensure that all victims obtain redress and have an enforceable right to compensation including the means for as full rehabilitation as possible.”«

WIKIPEDIA @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Torture#Committee_against_Torture

»Committee against Torture [ CAT / UNCAT ]
[
ie. the UN COMMITTEE AGAINST TORTURE ]

The Committee against Torture (CAT) is a body of human rights experts that monitors implementation of the Convention by State parties. The Committee is one of eight UN-linked human rights treaty bodies. All state parties are obliged under the Convention to submit regular reports to the CAT on how rights are being implemented. Upon ratifying the Convention, states must submit a report within one year, after which they are obliged to report every four years. The Committee examines each report and addresses its concerns and recommendations to the State party in the form of "concluding observations." Under certain circumstances, the CAT may consider complaints or communications from individuals claiming that their rights under the Convention have been violated.
The CAT usually meets in April/May and November each year in Geneva. Members are elected to four-year terms by State parties and can be re-elected if nominated.«

[ NOTE: "States" herein are defined as "Signatory Countries" / „Vertragspartner“ ]

See too
WIKIPEDIA @ http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Convention_against_Torture .

See too OHCHR @ http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CAT/Pages/CATIndex.aspx

For further more current information see the website of »Justice for Magdalenes« - »JFM« called »JFM RESEARCH - www.magdalenelaundries.com« @ http://www.magdalenelaundries.com/

For further more current information see »Restorative Justice for Magdalenes« (19.02.2014) @ http://www.irishexaminer.com/analysis/restorative-justice-for-magdalenes-259187.html

Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » So Mai 11, 2014 12:00 am

"No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."

Und so habe ich nun das folgende ausschlaggebende Dokument – die diesbezüglichen Observationen des UN ANTI-FOLTER-KOMITTEES ( »UNCAT«) – als ein MICROSOFT WORD DOKUMENT im Internet gefunden ( die einzige Stelle im Internet wo dieses Dokument vollständig und im genauen Wortlaut zu finden ist ):

[DOC] Concluding observations – Office of the High Commissioner ...
www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cat/docs/CAT.C.IRL.CO.1.doc
... independent and thorough investigation into the allegations of ill-treatment perpetrated on girls and women in the Magdalene Laundries. (articles 2, 12, 13, 14 and 16)

[ »UN COMMITTEE AGAINST TORTURE« - »UNCAT« / »CAT« ]

Committee against Torture [ Geneva, Switzerland ]
Forty-sixth session

9 May-3 June 2011

Consideration of reports submitted by States parties under article 19 of the Convention

ADVANCED UNEDITED VERSION

Concluding observations of the Committee against Torture

Ireland

1. The Committee against Torture considered the initial report of Ireland (
CAT/C/IRL/1), at its 1002nd and 1005th meetings (CAT/C/SR.1002 and 1005), held on 23 and 24 May 2011. At its 1016th meeting (CAT/C/SR.1016), held on 1 June 2011, it adopted the following concluding observations.

[
… comprising a total of 10 pages ]
[
… and half way down on page 6 appears the following passage ]

Magdalene Laundries

21. The Committee is gravely concerned at the failure by the State party to protect girls and women who were involuntarily confined between 1922 and 1996 in the Magdalene Laundries, by failing to regulate their operations and inspect them, where it is alleged that physical, emotional abuses and other ill-treatment were committed amounting to breaches of the Convention. The Committee is also expresses grave concern at the failure by the State party to institute prompt, independent and thorough investigation into the allegations of ill-treatment perpetrated on girls and women in the Magdalene Laundries. (articles 2, 12, 13, 14 and 16)

The Committee recommends that the State party should institute prompt, independent, and thorough investigations into all allegations of torture, and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment that were allegedly committed in the Magdalene Laundries, and, in appropriate cases, prosecute and punish the perpetrators with penalties commensurate with the gravity of the offences committed, and ensure that all victims obtain redress and have an enforceable right to compensation including the means for as full rehabilitation as possible.

Und einzig und allein DIES SIND DIE AUSSAGEN UND FESTSTELLUNGEN die den Opfern der Magdalenenheimen-Wäschereien in Irland zu einer wirklichen Entschädigung verholfen haben !!

Und nur so wird es auch in Deutschland und Österreich funktionieren - und auch in jedem anderen Vertragspartner-Land funktionieren !!
Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Di Mai 13, 2014 5:43 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin MITCHELL

Beitragvon Martin MITCHELL » So Mai 11, 2014 6:49 am

Und hier, unter folgenden offiziellen Ansagen, ...

United Nations - CAT/C/IRL/CO/1 - Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment - Distr.: General - 17 June 2011 - Original: English

[ .... habe ich dann auch noch hiernach dieses ausschlaggebende Dokument im Internet als ein PDF-Dokument gefunden ]

[ @ http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cat/docs/co/CAT.C.IRL.CO.1.pdf
( insgesamt 10 digitale Seiten - Größe 72.92 KB ) ]

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

[ Das UN Anti-Folter Komittee in Genf in der Schweiz ]

[ UN ] Committee against Torture [ Geneva, Switzerland ]
Forty-sixth session
9 May-3 June 2011

Consideration of reports submitted by States parties under article 19 of the Convention
[ d.h. gemäß der UN ANTI-FOLTER-KONVENTION ]

Concluding observations of the Committee against Torture

Ireland

1. The Committee against Torture considered the initial report of Ireland (
CAT/C/IRL/1), at its 1002nd and 1005th meetings (CAT/C/SR.1002 and 1005), held on 23 and 24 May 2011. At its 1016th meeting (CAT/C/SR.1016), held on 1 June 2011, it adopted the following concluding observations.

[
… comprising a total of 10 pages ]
[
… and half way down on page 6 appears the following passage ]

Magdalene Laundries

[ bezüglich den irischen Magdalenen Heimen / Magdalenen Wäschereien / Magdalenen Heimwäschereien, wie sie auch in vielen anderen Ländern ( alles „Vertragspartner-Staaten“ die alle, genauso wie Irland, die relevanten Menschenrechtskonventionen unterschrieben hatten / haben !! ), einschließlich in Deutschland und auch in Österreich, wo solche Zwangsarbeit-Institutionen ebenso existierten und überall von katholischen Schwestern Orden – den »Unbarmherzigen Schwestern« –, mit voller Zustimmung der jeweiligen Staaten, mit jugendlichen Zwangsarbeitern / Zwangsarbeiterinnen betrieben wurden !! ]

[ ……… ]
Zuletzt geändert von Martin MITCHELL am Di Mai 13, 2014 5:45 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin MITCHELL

Nächste

Zurück zu Verschiedenes